04 Feb Trainee Maintenance Project Engineer
Watkins is a family owned Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing contractor located in the South-east, the company has now been trading over 50 years. We are currently looking to recruit a Trainee Maintenance Project Engineer.
To assist the Maintenance Manager and administrators with the day-to-day organisation of the maintenance operations and projects and assist with the engineering activities on Special Projects. The responsibilities as listed below but not limited to: –
- To assist the Maintenance Manager with site surveys for new PPMs and small works contracts and projects, supporting the pricing of work and issuing tender submissions to the client, obtain quotes from suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary.
- The assist with the organisation and management of the Maintenance and Special project works, and the preparation of weekly/monthly reports.
- To participate in the procurement of materials for projects and evaluation of tenders
- Review daily return of engineer’s report sheets
- Advise customers on a weekly basis of the status of all their current jobs.
- Maintain accurate records of Maintenance contract dates on all sites.
- Assist with document control for all projects
- To participate and oversee operatives’ workloads
- Preparation of Risk Assessment for all works, ensure safe working practices, carry out site audits and produce reports
- Ensure the health and safety of staff and persons affecting our business.
- Maintain existing client relationships to ensure contract renewals
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Forge new relationships with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors to expand the business
- Close liaison with the contracts division to ensure timely commencement of PPM contracts
- Keen attitude towards learning and a “can do” approach to work
- Knowledge of Building Services installations would be advantageous but not essential
- Competent on Microsoft IT system
- Good telephone manner
Training will be provided where necessary with the possibility of leading to ONC in Mechanical Building Services.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme