01 Jan Technical Services Engineer (Electrical)
Posted at 15:38h in
Watkins is a family owned Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing contractor located in the South-east, the company has now been trading over 50 years. We are currently looking to recruit a Technical Services Engineer (Electrical).
- Electrical Building Services Design/Technical Engineer working for a MEP contractor specialising in mixed use/multi residential schemes.
- As the Electrical Design Engineer, you will design services such as small power, LV distribution, lighting, CCTV/Alarms etc for both residential and commercial projects.
- Working in a contractor environment you will also assist Project Engineers/Managers with technical queries and provide site support.
- Assist the Estimating department with costing advise for M&E design and build projects and undertake value engineering reviews.
- Degree qualified in Electrical, or Building Services Engineering is preferred, however HNC/HND in these subjects will also be considered.
- Studying, or have studied, an IET, CIBSE or Engineering Council accredited course.
- Preparation of relevant documentation e.g. electrical design drawings, cabling routes, installation guides, calculations etc.
- Produce electrical building services engineering designs from concept design through to construction and site supervision.
- Experience in a supporting role involving design and technical calculations.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design.
- Enthusiasm for a career in building design, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of electrical engineering.
- Organised approach to planning work and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate a creative and inquisitive approach to problem solving and seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes.
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive.
- Be skilled in design tools such as Cymap, Heavacomp, Amtech, Dialux and AutoCAD – Revit is also an advantage.
- Developing design solutions to satisfy client and legislative requirements
- Client and contractor meetings.
- Site surveys and inspections where appropriate.
- Conduct design quality reviews/audits as required.
- Assist in production of fee estimates and bids.
- Salary negotiable depending on level of experience
- Five weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Private Healthcare