28 Jan Senior Mechanical Estimator
Watkins is a family owned Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing contractor located in the South East, the company has now been trading over 50 years. Watkins work predominantly in the residential and commercial sectors with a target range between 500k -20000k.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Estimator to join our busy estimating team on a full time, permanent basis. This role is based in our Head Office in Ramsgate, Kent.
- Prepare take off materials quantities from specifications and drawings.
- Produce and submit concise package enquires to the marketplace enabling their quotations to be received and analysed in a timely manner to suit the bid timeline programme.
- Ensure the production of effective prime cost tenders in a timely manner to be submitted to the relevant Senior Manager for adjudication.
- Upon the success of the bid provide the effective handover of the estimate to the contracts team.
- Liaise with clients and supply chain to develop successful relationships.
- Have a proven track record as a Senior Estimator.
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills and be a team player.
- Excellent analytic, numeric, literacy skills.
- The ability to promote positive communication with clients and all members of the team.
- To have the ability to prepare cost plans and budgets.
- Continue relations with the purchasing and operational staff while maintain close and affective process with both design and estimating colleagues.
- Able to present and discuss proposals negotiations with partners, client, and their representatives.
- Client facing with ability to attend Pre/mid/Post tender meetings with client teams when required.
- Ascertain the risks present on each individual project and record / manage through via the risk register.
- Must have the ability to self-manage tasks & people to a tight deadline.
- Familiarity with estimating software (Trimble Contract Master)
This position is full-time/permanent Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Workplace pension scheme.