27 Apr Payroll Administrator
Watkins is a family owned Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing contractor located in the South East, the company has now been trading over 50 years. We are currently looking to recruit a payroll administrator to join our busy finance team on a full time, permanent basis. The role is based in our head office in Ramsgate, Kent.
- The primary role will involve processing our fortnightly payroll together with site staff expenses using our integrated financial system ensuring all relevant validations have been completed.
- Tasks also include payroll query resolutions, payments as per the fortnightly payment schedule and processing completed in line with month end close deadlines.
- This role will also consist of finance team support with additional processing requirements from within the team. Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm.
- You will be computer literate and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of payroll is essential. We operate our payroll in Miracle Pay and our financials using EVision – (Microsoft Dynamics/Business Central). Knowledge of these systems would be advantageous although not essential, full training will be provided.
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience working in an account’s office environment within a finance team function.
- A self-motivated team player, you will be comfortable working towards personal and team deadlines on a regular basis.
- A professional, self-motivated, focused individual with a positive attitude towards their tasks and duties.
- Numerate with an attention to detail, accuracy and speed of data entry. We require you to both work as a team and on your own initiative.
- You will have good communication skills and be confident talking with a variety of people.
- Since the role is highly administrative, you will have a structured, efficient and organised approach to your work.
- Salary negotiable depending upon experience
- Five weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme upon successful completion of your probationary period