21 Mar IT Support Technician
Watkins is a family owned Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing contractor located in the South East,
the company has now been trading over 60 years.
We are looking for an individual with proven Service Desk support experience to join the IT team
based in our Ramsgate Head Office.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of IT and be keen to
learn and develop new skills. You should also have experience working in a Microsoft Windows
environment providing 1st & 2nd line technical support including application support of bespoke
applications. A full driving licence is required.
▪ Provide deskside and remote IT support to the business user base including triaging,
prioritisation, escalation, and actioning of support requests.
▪ Perform daily, weekly and monthly system check processes.
▪ Setup and maintain remote infrastructure on Kent and London based Construction sites.
▪ Be the primary point of contact for site-based engineers.
▪ Manage service & security incidents to agreed processes, adhering to SLA’s, meeting
required KPIs and fulfilling the escalation process to IT Management.
▪ Troubleshooting and resolving network connectivity issues.
▪ Administering Active Directory and Office 365.
▪ Monitor system and infrastructure availability and performance.
▪ Assist in the maintenance and distribution of software packages and operating systems,
manual and automated.
▪ Create and update technical documentation and knowledge base articles.
▪ Setup and management of Android/iOS Mobile Phones.
▪ Own and contributing to ongoing IT Continuous Improvement Projects.
▪ Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
This role will require a full driving licence as it will involve travelling to support our users on
construction sites in Kent and London, as well as office environments.
This position is full-time/permanent Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm.
25 days holiday plus bank holid